Saturday, June 11, 2011

Summertime...

Three weeks into Mason's summer break, and I have yet to hear the words "Mom, I'm bored" come out of his mouth.   I can credit this to Ellie, who makes a good little playmate and sidekick for a boy who spends his days making up games and playing pretend.  She loves to join in on whatever activity he is working on, and most of the time, he likes this.  Here is a game the two of them came up with the other day.  They took turns giving each other rides up and down the hallway on top of the Cozy Coupe:
 
Mollie became interested in their game, and did her very best to keep up with the car.
She only seemed to get in the way though, so Mason made this sign to hang on the wall in the area she was crawling.  I guess he thought it would make a good reminder for them to watch out for her:
 
 (Notice how he even highlighted the yellow flashing "yield" light.  And I love the stick figure of the crawling baby.)

Here is another game they've been playing.  I'm still not sure what it is, but it occupies them for a long time. They look like two peas in a pod:
 
Poor Mollie, she always tries to get in on their games, but because she moves so much slower, she usually shows up about the time they're moving on to something else:

2 comments:

  1. Who knew the tunnel could stand up to all this!!! Your dad thought Mollie might be down in the tunnel on the first 2 pictures. :) They may think of that at some point! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mason's sign! I especially like the traffic light and the stick figure crawling baby! :) He is so smart and cute. Ellie and Mason are pretty smart to figure out a way to find space for two on the car!

    ReplyDelete