Sunday, June 20, 2010

Mason The Catcher/Pitcher/Umpire...

We've been watching the Astros/Rangers series on tv for the past few days. While watching the games last week, Mason pretended to be the pitcher and the batter during the entire game, complete with baseball bat and glove right infront of the tv.  But this week his interest has shifted to the catcher and home plate umpire. During the game we were watching yesterday, he ran off to his room for a few minutes, and I couldn't imagine what he had left the game to go do.  But when he came back in the living room, he was wearing this plastic suit of armor (but he replaced the sword with his baseball glove!) He said, "Look! Here is my catcher suit!"
Later on, Matthew and I were out in the backyard pitching some baseballs to him, and Mason was the catcher, again wearing this suit. Matthew accidentally hit him in the chest with a real baseball, and quickly checked on him to see if he was okay. Mason just dusted himself off and said, "I'm okay Daddy...don't you see I've got my catchers gear on!" What an imagination he has! Here are some highlights of his reinactments during the game:

"Strike One!"

"You're Out!"

"He's Safe!"

The intense pitcher

No comments:

Post a Comment