Monday, October 12, 2009

Learning To Tie...

I've always bought velcro shoes for Mason. Maybe I'm just lazy...maybe I just don't like the thought of shoelaces that constantly come undone. But I decided it was time for Mason to learn to tie. And I thought that Matthew would be the perfect teacher--so I purposely waited until he got home to get out the new pair of laced shoes. :) Let me tell you, it was a sight to behold! For any of you who know Matthew well, or Mason for that matter--it was like watching stubborn and stubborner. (Now I do know that stubborner is not really a word, but bear with me.) Every time Matthew started to explain a step in the process, Mason would jump in and interrupt, saying that he already knew what to do next, and proceeded to tie himself in knots--literally!

This went on for some time, but fortunately after a slightly frustrating lesson, and a little whining and pouting (by Mason...not Matthew), Mason did finally relent. And he is now the newest "lacer" in our family.

2 comments:

  1. OK! you are NOT lazy! Owen is almost 6 years old (at the end of this month) and he doesn't even know how to tie his shoes yet. He says he can do it and will put the laces in TONS of knots! So...don't consider yourself lazy by any means!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea mason! emma has a pair of laced tennis shoes, and i still haven't taught her how to tie them. it's just easier and faster for me to do it! she said something to me the other day about learning, so i guess it is time to teach her. i am sure it will go a lot like matthew and mason's lesson! :)

    ReplyDelete