This evening I was trying to find something fun to do with the kids. I started to take them to Matthew's football game, but since it's chilly and wet outside, we decided to stay in. I thought about taking them to Chick-fil-A to play on the indoor playground, but Mason wanted to stay home. So I finally gave up and just asked Mason what he wanted to do. Without hesitation he said he wanted to have a picnic on the living room floor. So we picked up some food from McDonald's, and then we rented a Diego movie to watch while we ate. As soon as we got home Mason quickly laid out his blanket on the floor, set out all the food for us, and started the movie. But the best part was when Mason prayed, "Thank you God for this wonderful food from McDonalds." (Wonderful might not be the word I'd use to describe Micky D's, but nontheless, it was cute). Here is a picture of the kids enjoying our living room picnic...and Diego!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Joshua loves to have picnics too! Almost every Friday night is picnic night -which translates getting to eat dinner on the floor while watching a video! How many years will we be able to get by with entertainment this simple???
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Ellie's expression! She must have really enjoyed that Diego movie! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a precious boy! Love that Mr. Magoo ;)
ReplyDelete