I have to preface this by saying that this was not actually Ellie's "first" haircut, as I've given her several haircuts over the years. But this was the first time she had it professionally cut. It was easy for me to do it myself when she was younger, but now that her hair is getting longer and thicker, it was time for someone who actually knows what they're doing to step in and take over. Ellie has never wanted to go to a salon, and has heavily protested when I've tried to convince her otherwise. So I tried taking her with me the last couple of times when I got my hair cut. She enjoyed watching me sit in the chair with the big cape, but never would change her mind about having it done to her. And if there's one thing I've learned about Ellie, it's that she's not going to let anyone convince her to do something that she doesn't want to do, and when she's ready, she'll decide to do it on her own. So this week she finally told me that she was ready to visit Miss Wendy at the salon. Her hair had grown very unevenly and had lots of split ends, so I told Wendy just to give her a little stacked bob. I knew she wouldn't mind her hair being short. She seldom will let me put it in a ponytail, and lately she hasn't even wanted as much as a hair clip...she just likes it all down in her face. So at least now it will have a little shape to it. Here is her "before" picture. She is ready to go!


She hardly paid any attention to the hair cut--she was busy watching "Ice Age".
The finished product:
A few inches shorter, and looking cute!
It looks uneven here because she has it tucked behind her ear on one side. It turned out really nice though, and looks much healthier. She sure is getting to be such a big girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment