Ready for first grade:
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
First Day, First Grade...
Yesterday was Mason's first day of first grade! I have to admit that I did get a little teary yesterday, but it was nothing like the flood of emotions I experienced last year when he started kindergarten. But I sure did miss him during the day, and I couldn't wait to make that afternoon walk down the street with the girls to go get him and hear all about his day. (Over the summer we talked about how in first grade he will start being graded on his work with actual grades and not just smiley faces and check marks. The idea of this is very exciting to him, as he is a perfectionist and a high-achiever when it comes to his school work. And a good grade from the teacher is just the kind of pat-on-the-back that this kid is looking for!) So when I asked him how his day was, I was a little confused when his response was: "First grade is boring. We didn't even do any real work on the first day." Hmmm, I guess he was hoping for a cumulative exam to start off the year. He definitely inherited this attitude from his dad. His mother, on the other hand, loved the laid back first days of class because no overly-challenging work was done. Anyway, I'm glad he is anxious to get started, and I'm looking forward to sharing in his excitement when he brings home that first good grade! In keeping with tradition, here are his first day of school photos as we're about to leave the house, and standing outside the school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment