Sunday, July 31, 2011
Trained!...
Ellie is officially potty trained! I hadn't thought much about training her, but a few weeks ago, I started randomly catching her trying to use the potty. I kind of ignored it for a while--maybe I'm lazy, but there is something to be said about the convenience of a diaper when you're at the grocery store with 3 children in tow. :) But I figured we'd give it a try, since she will be 3 in a few months anyway. My expectations might have been a little low, so she really surprised me with how well she did (with the exception of day 2, which resulted in more accidents than I care to mention.) But other than that, she got it down in only a few days--so far, no accidents since last Wednesday! She even wore underwear to church today (something I was not brave enough to try last Sunday), and the teacher said she even initiated taking herself to the potty there too! Way to go, Ellie--We are very proud of you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is so exciting! Now down to 1 in diapers :D
ReplyDeleteI wish we were there, Brennan even tries to get to her go. Bridgett showed interest when I was pregnant, but now not so much. We are not having any luck with her wanting to go, even with bribes. I am hoping that it starts to click in the next few weeks.
Congratulations! No, really, I'm so not jealous of you. I mean, that is great that your 2 YEAR OLD is potty trained before my 3.3 year old. I'm not jealous, nope, not me! ;)
ReplyDeleteYay Ellie! That is awesome. I am glad she caught on so quickly.
ReplyDeleteWow! Ellie, that is so great! We are really proud of you! Way to go! Love you so much!
ReplyDelete