Here he was working on his class roster to make Valentines for the upcoming class Valentine party. (In case you can't fully translate, it says "Johnson Elementary School, Dual Language Class, Kindergarten".) He is really enjoying his class. It's so neat to see him learning to read and write in Spanish as he is learning to read and write in English too. The other day he said to me: "Momma, I can write in Spanish as well as I can in English! (Which is probably true because he's pretty much a beginner in both.) But then he followed that up by saying: "But you know, with all this Spanish, sometimes I think I'm starting to forget English!" He is such a hoot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love it. Ryan tells me that his teacher can read "Kiddish" which is what we call phonetic spelling! :)
ReplyDeleteHey that looks great... He has all his consonant framework for words and some vowels and the sounds are sequenced correctly. Ok that was the first grade reading interventionist talking NOW as a Granna... WOW he is the SMARTEST kid in the whole world!!!! :)
ReplyDelete