Monday, June 1, 2009
Swimming Lessons...
Today was Mason's first day of swimming lessons for the second year. He was very excited to go until we pulled into the parking lot, at which point he unbuckled his seatbelt and jumped into the back row of the minivan in an attempt to hide from me. No such luck, son. I have stealth eyes--and besides that, it's pretty difficult to hide behind a bucket seat that is half your size. So, we go forth. He ended up doing great, and I was very very proud of him. He was a little timid to get into the water with his class, but once he was in, he did every thing his teacher, Mr. Brian, asked him to do (except for holding his breath to go under water to fetch a little swimming toy.) While he performed this task very well when it was done on the steps of the pool, he was a little apprehensive to venture out into the depths of the 3 foot water to retrieve it. But all that aside, he paddled, kicked, and blew bubbles like a champ, taking frequent breaks along the way to give Ellie and me smiles and waves while we watched from the side of the pool. I know he'll do great again this year, and I can't wait to see him sporting the cool swim t-shirt that he will receive at the end of his two week lesson! (Getting the t-shirt was his favorite part about his lessons last year!)



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Way to go Mason!
ReplyDelete